How to apply for a Competition Licence

To participate in any official Motorcycling Victoria (MV) or Motorcycling Australia (MA) event including MCRCV events you need to be the holder of a current National Competition Licence.

To apply for any MA Licence, you must first be a financial member of an MV affiliated club. Click here to become a member of MCRCV.

The type of licence you require is dependent on the type of event you wish to participate in. Below is a complete list of all current competition and non-competition licences available to you on the Motorcycling Victoria website:

  • Senior National
  • Junior National
  • Senior Restricted
  • Junior Restricted
  • Senior One Event National
  • Recreation
  • Mini
  • Entrants

To apply for a new licence or to renew your existing licence, please go to then follow the RIDERNET directions.

Please note: When following the RIDERNET directions, you will be requested to supply your club membership number and copy of your membership card. Please use your "Transaction ID Number" from your membership confirmation email after applying for membership with MCRCV. If you do not have this then enter your postcode. Please note, MCRCV will not issue you with a Club Membership Card, leave this section blank. (For proof of membership if required for any events, use your printed membership confirmation email). After completing the application online for a Competition Licence, MV will send an email to our club Secretary to confirm and validate your membership, so please ensure that you are a current financial MCRCV member first.

If you have any further queries in relation to this process, please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Have fun and stay safe


Marty Jennings